Saturday, 1 September 2012

What can I say?

Mark was just absolutely brilliant today. He piloted Milo around Burghley to end up one of only 4 clears inside the time.

We couldn't be more thrilled!! The whole round was as smooth and as effortless as you could wish for.

Yesterday Mark told us he was going to take just 2 strides after the ditch to the second element of Discovery valley. I watched horses all day taking 3 strides and sometimes more. By the time it came to Milo's round I was beginning to be a little bit nervous about this strategy. Shows how much I know, 2 strides it was and how simple he made it look too. Just out and out brilliance.

Mark reported that after the first 2 fences he knew he was going to have a great round as Milo felt so good. They were never down on the time and really had their best 4* round together.

The soft ground didn't bother him, despite being last out and therefore running when the course was a little cut up in places. He recovered really well after the finish and fingers crossed should be fine for tomorrow.

And how we partied in the lorry park, you would have thought we'd won instead of climbing up from 64th to finish in 15th place overnight.

So we'll be holding our breath for the trot up and looking forward to the show jumping tomorrow afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment